Missing person - By Ellese Elliott

Missing person

What if my soul has gone?
Because it could not take the pain
Left me empty and without song
For my mind to weave itself insane

Did it fly into the heavens?
And leave me to dwell below the stars
Alone, with no friends among men

To drown myself at the bar

There is no sunlight, rain nor thunder
No longer does my world appear the same
Through the eyes which bare no sentient perceiver

Through a body which merely holds a name

No longer do I dwell among the living
Nor can I seek comfort among the dead
Merely a being full of air; breathing

Likened to a stick man with a head

The future is grim.
O what am I to do?

By Ellese Elliott


The Philosophy Takeaway 'Open Topic' Issue 31

Want to write for us?

If you would like to submit an article for consideration, please contact thephilosophytakeaway@gmail.com

Search This Blog